PPI Complaint or No PPI Complaint

2»

Comments

• If you submitted before 11.00pm 29th August 2019, you are in time, and that includes 10.59pm.
    No risk, a time bar is a time bar. 11.01pm: out of time - no issue.
    It is the definition of complaint which is the issue, and in some instances the time bar would have been before 29th August, and therefore a mis-description.
    I will send Martin a Jaws tweet...
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    No, there’s also time bars applicable if they wrote to you previously inviting you to complain.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Turnpike8 said:
    If you submitted before 11.00pm 29th August 2019, you are in time, and that includes 10.59pm.
    No risk, a time bar is a time bar. 11.01pm: out of time - no issue.
    It is the definition of complaint which is the issue, and in some instances the time bar would have been before 29th August, and therefore a mis-description.
    I will send Martin a Jaws tweet...
    Not at all, because as you can see on the forum, post below this currently, someone thought they had complained and actually just did a PPI check and so bank are rejecting it. Same with lost emails, a typo in the address, post sent to the wrong place etc etc 
  • Listening to Martin Lewis, you would have been led to believe that submitting a PPI checker was all you had to do by 29th August 2019 to be legally entitled for redress. Not so. The banks were allowed to dismiss claims that checkers were complaints despite PPIs being proved as mis-sold.

• It's somewhat unlikely a complaint was "proven mis-sold" if it was just a PPI check carried out, there would have been no investigation... If your PPI was mis-sold you'd not need to a PPI check as you'd know you had it...
  • Not if you are going back 20 years or more and no longer have that credit card, you would firstly enquire about PPI. If you enquired on 29th August and it was not deemed a complaint, you would not receive redress even though PPI was applied and mis-sold. Any subsequent complaint would then be out of time.
  • Turnpike8 said:
    Not if you are going back 20 years or more and no longer have that credit card, you would firstly enquire about PPI. If you enquired on 29th August and it was not deemed a complaint, you would not receive redress even though PPI was applied and mis-sold. Any subsequent complaint would then be out of time.

Yeah, no, seeing as you're answering your own questions, not replying to what I am saying, I'm out.
  • Out for a duck
    I am stating what happened to me with MBNA and Barclays.
    Sharky Lewis is gonna need a bigger boat...
  • Turnpike8 said:
    Out for a duck
    I am stating what happened to me with MBNA and Barclays.
    Sharky Lewis is gonna need a bigger boat...
    Out for a duck lol, you're playing cricket when the rest of us are playing football, no wonder you keep losing.
    Try actually responding to what people write, not using strawmen
  • Won more than I've lost
    Not worth responding to what you write - written it off!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback