Self Isolation Dates

Options
My wife and I received a text message to say that we must self isolate until the 31st October.
Would that include the 31st i.e. the 1st November is the first day we can go out again?

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A text message from who? Are you sure it is legit?
  • MoneySeeker1
    MoneySeeker1 Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Agree - who was it from? How could you receive a text message anyway (ie have you signed up to the Governments Track and Trace programme)?

If it's someone legit that it's come from - then you need to ask them in response "Do you mean until midnight on 30 October or until midnight on 31 October". You also need to ask them "Why? Are you saying I came in contact with someone - and, if so, details of what date that was on please".

• bradders1983
    edited 29 October 2020 at 9:41AM
    Options
    Ring 119 and ask. Given today is the 29th October also ask why its taken them over a week to tell you, assuming it is legit. 
  • winter02
    winter02 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's legit as my Brother in Law tested positive and we spent some time indoors with him. He supplied the details of people who had been in close contact with hence the text message. I have the app but to be fair it's useless.
    We had the message last Tuesday and have been isolating since but as we get closer to the date I was just wondering if it was the 31st or 1st we could leave the flat again. 
    I've been getting text messages from the NHS over this time telling me that I need to continue to self isolate.
  • bradders1983
    edited 29 October 2020 at 9:50AM
    Options
    For the sake of one day I really wouldnt worry, they arent going to be ringing people on the 31st in your case to try and catch you out.

Anyway, as an example, if I tell work I am on holiday until the 2nd (which I am) that to most people would mean I am back on the 2nd. Same logic applies here
  • winter02
    winter02 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For the sake of one day I really wouldnt worry, they arent going to be ringing people on the 31st in your case to try and catch you out.

Anyway, as an example, if I tell work I am on holiday until the 2nd (which I am) that to most people would mean I am back on the 2nd. Same logic applies here
    I guess you are right. Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure