special birthday gift - surrey area

Options
I have a relative based in east Surrey who is shortly due to celebrate a big birthday.  As a present I would like to gift a voucher for a special meal or activity in the Surrey or London area (I'm subject to lockdown restrictions and won't be able to see her so it needs to be something I can buy online and send by post).  I'm looking to spend around £50.

She has a taste for adventure and has previously enjoyed abseiling for charity, indoor skydiving, zip lines etc.
She enjoys eating out but isn't fussed on 'fine dining'.  Cuisine-wise, pretty much anything goes  

my back up plan is something like a red letter day voucher so she can choose for herself what she does, but I'd rather support a smaller company if I can.  

If you know the area and can recommend an activity / great place to eat, I'd love to hear your recommendations.

know thyself
Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...

Comments

• Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    you can do a segway activity in Swinley Forest Bracknell
    https://goape.co.uk/locations/bracknell/forest-segway
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • Paula_Smith
    Options
    Wine tasting and tour at Denbies - Near Dorking
    https://www.denbies.co.uk/visit-us/indoor-tours/
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know it's nice to give something rather than cash, but in the present ever changing situation I would be very wary of sending vouchers for actibities that could be cancelled with companies that sadly could go out of business leaving valueless bookings.
    I would stick with sending cash for anything non-tangible.  I don't think anyone would be offended by this at the moment.
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How about wine from a local to them vineyard if there is one?  They could possibly visit the vineyard next year Which would be the trip out. Failing that, Fortnum & Mason do some incredible hampers ( at incredible prices!) but you can create your own to your budget. Used them for special occasions before & always get a positive response 😀
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure