IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Marston Letter (Merseyflow sent to old address)

Hi, I am hoping somebody can help me understand if there is anything I can do I have received a letter from Marston saying i owe  £525 for what seems like crossing a bridge last year. I hadn't received any letters before this and when ringing up merseyflow they said its because they have "..." address which is my address from over 2 years ago I have moved twice since then.... They said that i'm still registered there according to dvla or something along those lines because i didnt update the logbook? but i did update my license which is all i thought i had to do... Do i now have to pay this really big amount when I have had no other letters than these ones? 
This is so tough especially during these times i dont know how i am going to pay anything and the letter says they may come to seize my belongings
Any advice at all welcome, thank you

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 28 October 2020 at 7:37PM
    Both licence and V5C logbook have to be done separately , 2 transactions , not telling them to update your licence and expecting them to update the logbook as well , maybe it should be one task only , but currently it's not , with a possible £1000 fine for each failure

If your V5C is not up to date yet , you can update it online , due to covid19

I doubt that this forum can help as it's not a private parking charge , it's merseyflow

If you think bailiffs are involved , contact Sheila at bailiffadviceonline to get advice
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It is a toll bridge, nothing to do with us, try peppipoo. 
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ask on pepipoo, maybe there is a way to reset it like you can with a Council PCN if you didn't receive the penalty.

And yes, of course you MUST change the address your car is registered at...you can get a £1000 fine for not doing that!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    £525 for a £2 charge. 
    Mersey flow stopped listening to excuses about not paying years ago. 
    Rather difficult to defend as the reason it's grown is your own fault. 
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    But, as pointed out, there is a stat prices for getting this potentially reset, so go to pepipoo as told. 
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Stat prices? 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Stat prices? 
    I think it's a typo for 'statutory process'. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure