Mse site ?

ampersand
ampersand Posts: 9,561 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 28 October 2020 at 10:35AM in Techie Stuff
A techie will answer or explain, I'm sure:-) 
Or mse admin?
When the site changed, so did the 'Thanks' option.  It seems we can no longer see who has thanked posts. Is this right?
If so, can it be altered back?
Thankyou:-)
CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Comments

• Hover your mouse pointer over thanks
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • OH and have you got permission for advertising in your signature?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • ampersand
    Sorry, dcm -
    This is a connectivity notspot,  Fens,  and there is no mouse pointer to hover when using mob.
    Don't understand your 2nd response at all. I have no Other Half. What advertising?
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    it was "oh" as in an exclamation rather than other half.

You're advertising Christians Against Poverty... advertising in signatures requires approval even if its for a registered charity
  • ampersand
    I joined mse over 15 years ago and post regularly. 
    It is not 'advertising'. Martin himself cited CAP for their work years ago, and approved years ago.
    Perhaps you need their help. I'd never heard of them until another regular poster was helped by them.
    They do not proselytise, nor have they any axe to grind.
    #
    If you can usefully answer my ?,  that I would appreciate.
    Nothing else is necessary. 
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    ampersand said:
    It is not 'advertising'. Martin himself cited CAP for their work years ago, and approved years ago.
    Perhaps you need their help. I'd never heard of them until another regular poster was helped by them.
    #
    If you have issue with what @debit@debitcardmayhem has said you you then take it up with them not the person that has simply clarified what was a fairly clear point but despite your 15 years of experience you seemed to struggle to understand; I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you werent being obnoxious and intentionally misinterpreting the clear statement.

Martin has also promoted companies that are currently under investigation by the FCA and GMC for potential fraud so his recommendations have to be taken with a pinch of salt just likes anyone elses. 

You many not have read the rules recently but they are available https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/ and there is no exception given to advertising organisations just because Martin himself has advertised them in the past.

In case you are struggling with "advertise" means I'll help you with a dictionary definition: describe or draw attention to a product, service, or event in a public medium in order to promote sales, attendance or usage
  • Were_Doomed
    Were_Doomed Posts: 699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 October 2020 at 12:56PM
    Hi & ... on a mobile device if you press and hold the Thanks text you should see the "context" menu (hopefully). Edit: the other option is to press near the text and then drag your finger until it is over the text, and then release. That might give the same behaviour as hovering a mouse pointer).

I make no comment on the other discussion.
  • dogmaryxx
    dogmaryxx Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 October 2020 at 12:47PM
    Sandtree said:
    ampersand said:
    #
    If you have issue with what @debit@debitcardmayhem has said you you then take it up with them not the person that has simply clarified what was a fairly clear point but despite your 15 years of experience you seemed to struggle to understand; I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you werent being obnoxious and intentionally misinterpreting the clear statement.

Martin has also promoted companies that are currently under investigation by the FCA and GMC for potential fraud so his recommendations have to be taken with a pinch of salt just likes anyone elses. 

You many not have read the rules recently but they are available https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/ and there is no exception given to advertising organisations just because Martin himself has advertised them in the past.

In case you are struggling with "advertise" means I'll help you with a dictionary definition: describe or draw attention to a product, service, or event in a public medium in order to promote sales, attendance or usage
              If it will make your day just report OP instead of trying to be a smart !!!!!!.
  • & I was not criticising your signature just pointing out that it may be against the forum rules <3I know from experience that the Forum Police visited me because my Sig might upset "someone??" because I made fun of the fact that I had suffered a stroke but that is my history , sorry about the OH rather than Oh probably a fact of the fact I have and the left hand won't release the left shift fast enough.
    Any way I find on a mobile it doesn't work so well as a PC, although using the desktop site on a mobile works better, if you press thanks (I use firefox) and stop opening in a new tab etc. then you can see them, but it is fiddly
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback