Forum Home» Competitions Time» Compers Chat Corner

I won a bag of coffee!!! But... had to pay postage?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I won a bag of coffee!!! But... had to pay postage?

2 replies 221 views
hwg3141hwg3141 Forumite
557 posts
100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭
Hi all! Bit disappointing for me. Had an email entitled "Congratulations, you won!", and eagerly clicked on it. I had won a bag of coffee from a blog comp, which was nice. However, when I looked closer at the email, all it gave me was a voucher code, which, when applied to the checkout, still left me £4 postage to pay. I'm a bit gutted it's not a proper win, as there's no way I'm paying £4 postage for a bag of coffee - let's be honest - I wouldn't have bought for myself anyway (although it would have been a nice gift). I was one of 10 winners, as confirmed by the generic "And the winners are..." type of email that was sent out to all participants.

Sorry about that, needed a rant.
Latest wins: November: Samsung A51 Phone, Blu-ray, Cocktail Kit, ACDC CD, £5 ITV Winsday, Gin Discovery Box || October: Cookbook, Blu-ray, Kombucha and Shrub Drinks || September: Nothing || August: Official Aston Villa Shirt, Romantic Poets Stamp Set, James Bond Stamp Set || July: Big Blu-ray Bundle || June: £27 Amazon, £30 Mindful Chef, Horror DVD, 2 Pens || May: Charlie Bigham Meal, £40 Virgin Experience Days Voucher, £5 x 2 (ITV Winsday) || April: Cakes & Cookbook, £40 Just Eat || March: £50 Amazon || February: T-Shirt, Pendant & Earrings || December: £25 Netflix || November: £25 Amazon || October: £50 Haribo Bundle || September: £50 Amazon

Replies

• goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    208 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I am cynical about that sort of "win" and assume that the company is simply sending the same message to everyone they have an email address for as an easy way to increase sales. 
    Sorry you were one of the people they targeted and hope you've blocked them from emailing you ever again.
    You could always add their email correspondence address to a mailing list or two if you felt really narked.  ;)  :*  >:)
    Adults do more work than they make; Children make more work than they do.
  • Chyna-sChyna-s Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why you need to read the T&C's before entering and the advice re. adding their email to a mailing list is childish and just bad taste.
    If a competition does not open please bookmark to try again later or open in another OS - please do not bump threads unnecessarily just to say this. Thanks :)