Fixed Rate Bond

I was looking into putting my money away (over 100K) in fixed term bond for 5-10yrs. 
Came across DBS www.bds-london.co.uk and are offering advice on bonds.
But i don't know much about this company and was wondering if anyone tell me more about them please. 

Thank you 

Comments

• I did try to google them and got exactly zero hits no matter how I tried which I find strange...
  • I'm no expert myself but it looks a bit dodgy, as Whitesmith says above it's odd that a major firm like this has no presence on Google. Website claims to be FCA registered but there's no registration number. A search on the FCA website for "BDS" brings up no results. I don't like the "feel" of it, but that's just my opinion.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I am unfamiliar with DBS, and for that matter BDS. But a brief enquiry on the link you provided: www.bds-london.co.uk reveals
    Domain name:
            bds-london.co.uk
    Data validation:
        Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 12-Oct-2020
    Registrar:
        Namecheap, Inc. [Tag = NAMECHEAP-INC]
        URL: https://www.namecheap.com
    Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 12-Oct-2020   
        Expiry date:  12-Oct-2021
        Last updated:  12-Oct-2020
    Up to you
    But i don't know much about this company and was wondering if anyone tell me more about them please.
    I hope this has been of some help
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 October 2020 at 11:57PM
    mrseyes said:
    I was looking into putting my money away (over 100K) in fixed term bond for 5-10yrs. 

Thank you 

We have a DBS bank in Hong Kong and they have a branch in London. 

• mrseyes said:

Thank you 

Yes, DBS London seems legit, and "mrseyes" does refer to "DBS" at first but the link  provided goes to BDS London  which seems less genuine......
  • mrseyes
    mrseyes Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2020 at 8:07AM
    Speculator said: 
    mrseyes said:

Thank you 

Sorry I meant BDS London. And their link 
     www.bds-london.co.uk. They have offered me fixed rate bonds: Gilt bond 6% until 2028, Barclay bond 5.75% until 2026 and HSBC 6.5% until 2023. It tempting but i just need to know more about them.
  • 25_Years_On
    25_Years_On Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mrseyes said:
     www.bds-london.co.uk. They have offered me fixed rate bonds: Gilt bond 6% until 2028, Barclay bond 5.75% until 2026 and HSBC 6.5% until 2023. It tempting but i just need to know more about them.
    Of course it's tempting. That's how scams work. However because it's tempting this should tell you it's a scam.

• mrseyes said:
    Speculator said: 
    mrseyes said:

Thank you 

Everything in the link screams 'scam', especially the language used which is nothing more than babble designed to impress the gullible.
    The fascists of the future will call themselves anti-fascists.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback