Wall-mounted fridge?

Options
Emi5
Emi5 Posts: 4 Newbie
First Anniversary
Hello,
So I've just discovered that wall-mounted fridges used to be a thing? Do they still exist? I've tried googling but there doesn't seem to be anything relevant online.
I am in the process of planning to re-do my kitchen which is very small so I'm trying to be as creative as possible when it comes to saving space.
Having a wall-mounted fridge with an under-counter freezer would then give me a little bit of extra worktop space, something like the 2 attached images. Perhaps they only make them for commercial kitchens now. Maybe it's just me but this seems like such a nifty idea.

Comments

• Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting idea!  No reason that you couldn't engineer your own solution with a standard built-in under counter fridge mounted on the wall - but it would need pretty sturdy supporting to keep it all in place and it might be difficult to reach the top and the back?
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Apodemus said:
    Interesting idea!  No reason that you couldn't engineer your own solution with a standard built-in under counter fridge mounted on the wall - but it would need pretty sturdy supporting to keep it all in place and it might be difficult to reach the top and the back?
    It would be too deep.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you could still buy one, not a lot of capacity in a wall mounted fridge, it would be hideously expensive as its a niche item for the 0.1% of people who don't want a fridge thats integrated or freestanding.
  • Homer_home
    Options
    I could well imagine that you would have to have one custom made and would need very deep pockets

Or do what I do and keep the freezer in the dining room 
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    They exist, but seemingly catering only, and not exactly attractive or a "budget" option
    https://www.advantage-catering-equipment.co.uk/products/precision-hwu111-wall-fridge £2,310 including VAT
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback