Cheaper energy club and avro energy

Options
Hi, I have just done a comparison on this sites cheaper energy club. My current tariff ends in January. The cheapest new deal is about £ 150 more than I pay now : (
However if I get a quote from my current supplier Avro, the cheapest new quote is cheaper than the cheapest on the cheap energy club.
So why is Avro not included ? TIA

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The CEC has long been broken.  It doesn't show Neon Reef either.
    Just use Citizens Advice and 'Switch with Which?' instead, and remember that separate suppliers are often cheaper.
  • cherryade44
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    Just use Citizens Advice and 'Switch with Which?' instead, and remember that separate suppliers are often cheaper.

Thanks Gerry1, is it broke or are there other reasons for omitting Avro ? Thanks for the 'switch and which' site, just tried that, very good site
  • Malchester
    Options
    Yes, dont use CEC, much better deals available elsewhere. I think CEC is based on commission, may be wrong. Just used Which comparison and it came up with some good deals not available elsewhere, including British Gas Evolve which is only available through a small number of comparison sites and not from British Gas itself. i plumped for British Gas Evolve fixed for 12 months to get away from Scottish Power when switched from Tonik who went out of business

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    Thanks Gerry1, is it broke or are there other reasons for omitting Avro ? Thanks for the 'switch and which' site, just tried that, very good site
    I've no idea, Avro seems to disappear and reappear from the CEC results.  I just get mightily annoyed that the CEC claims to be so much better than those wicked commercial sites, but in reality it's adopting all their practices (and more) to steer you towards companies that pay them commission.  It just doesn't do what it says on the tin, and it's seriously tarnishing the reputation of the once-great MSE.
  • johnbhoy70
    Options
    Thanks for the info about CEC folks... had no idea it was broke Current deal Simple & SuperFlow due up at end of January and they're nowhere close so  looks like i'll be switching. No idea why i switched at the end of January but it must have been a half decent deal at the time. Been asleep with all stuff recently the way things are and should have probably looked before now as i believe i have no exit fee. Also, cheers for the other tip about looking for separate suppliers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback