Capital One Debt Refunded?

Options
Hello,
Looking at my credit account with Capital One yesterday I noticed that my £700 debt and interest had been refunded... I'm not sure what it means as I have recently missed my minimum payment and generally am not great at paying them on time. I'm worried the debt has been sold on, but why would my account still be open and I am able to use it? By the looks of things on my statement, there was a fee and interest refund in, then a "fee and interest adjustment" out? Leaving my account at 0.  Not sure what to do now, Any help would be appreciated!

PS - Not sure if i've had any letters off them as I've recently moved house and am going to collect my letters in a few days.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you had any correspondence about the state of your account? Picking up the latest letters should clarify but if you can't wait then you could always ask them, via https://www.capitalone.co.uk/support/contact-us.jsf Have you checked your credit files recently to see how your status is reflected there?
  • denisekira098
    Options
    At the end of September Capital One sent me a "You need to pay xxxx to get back up to date" email, then on 1st of Oct sent an email saying "Good news, you've cleared your persistent debt balance". And yes, it looks like my score improved because my credit utilisation has gone down! So confused
  • D3xt3r5L4b
    D3xt3r5L4b Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    At the end of September Capital One sent me a "You need to pay xxxx to get back up to date" email, then on 1st of Oct sent an email saying "Good news, you've cleared your persistent debt balance". And yes, it looks like my score improved because my credit utilisation has gone down! So confused
    Don’t look at the score - that’s irrelevant.
    What does it show for the actual account status?
  • denisekira098
    Options
    Don’t look at the score - that’s irrelevant.
    What does it show for the actual account status?
    It says the account is active,  and minus the amount that was "adjusted" for (taken out after the refund) which is £400. This was updated on the 6th October
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback