Upgrading my mobile...

Options
I can now upgrade my mobile phone but having a look on the Vodafone website it seems they could credit check me again even though I have had an ongoing contract with them for a good few years.

Does anyone know whether this is right?

I won't be paying any extra, I just want a free upgrade... now I'm worried they'll take my contract away from me altogether when they find out I'm BR. :confused:

Comments

• NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I upgraded with 3 mobile just after bankruptcy and had no problems.
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks NZ, I am going to call them later and give it a try... :)
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    Options
    Do remember to get the phone you want, not just their "free" offers.

Just upgraded (all be it with Orange) and the phone I wanted was almost £100 to upgrade. Said how much notice did I need to give to cancel and was passed to another department and got the phone for free.
    Was offered what appeared to be a better contract too, but this was for 18 months so I stuck with my 12 month deal.
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • MissMuppet
    Options
    Yeah I always do that as well, I have a few phones in mind so hopefully I'll get a good one. :)
  • MissMuppet
    Options
    Well I got the phone I wanted for free and no mention of a credit check, I was worrying for no reason as usual. Get my new phone tomorrow, so very happy, that's my Christmas present for myself this year!! :D
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yaaay!! good going there Miss M :)
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wahay! well done MM hope your enjoy your present!
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • MissMuppet
    Options
    I will be enjoying it, haven't had a new phone in ages... They did offer me the latest Samsung phone (F700) for free if I took out a 24 month contract instead of an 18 but I decided I wouldn't use it to it's full potential so went for the Samsung U700, which actually has a slightly better camera on it. :)
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ohhhhhhh nice handset......i'm a complete nerd when it comes to things like that....although cant remember the last new handset I had

I'm still using my old housebrick sony ericsson p990i
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • Homework
    Homework Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    On a DMP and always pay internet by DD faithfully.

Offered a free Laptop if I sign up for a period of time and special offer price as I am well passed my minimum contract period.

Turned down as I failed a credit check and they cannot give a free laptop to someone who fails a credit check.

They could however give me a new contract with free weekend calls at a special rate for 6 months! There is no problem with me staying on my current service. I just can't have a free laptop.

Hope you are more successful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport