Paypal change of T&C

Options
Thank you so much for the heads up for Paypal changes. I spotted I had an email from Paypal but it just says there are changes with no detail. Delving further, I find a summary but would only have spotted the relevant line because of your warning: 'We have added a new section A3.13 dealing with the newly introduced inactivity fee'. You have to click on download pdf for more info - 92 pages of it! Would I ever have found the information without your warning? Extremely unlikely!

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think they're chancing their arm and it would unlikely be enforceable. But if you have money in your PayPal account and havent used it in 12 months, you're probably not going to notice them taking £12 a year. 
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 October 2020 at 1:46PM
    Options
    hollyilex said:
    Thank you so much for the heads up for Paypal changes. I spotted I had an email from Paypal but it just says there are changes with no detail. Delving further, I find a summary but would only have spotted the relevant line because of your warning: 'We have added a new section A3.13 dealing with the newly introduced inactivity fee'. You have to click on download pdf for more info - 92 pages of it! Would I ever have found the information without your warning? Extremely unlikely!
    I find your post pretty unfair as you are blaming Paypal for your own choice not to read the terms. 

The email gives you a direct link to the changes page. There are many changes, and one is the inactivity fee that most people seem interested in, but it is there in black and white. It also tells you the section of the terms which has changed (the A3:13 section you mention) it actually mentions the inactivity fee twice, once telling you they’ve introduced one, and further in their list of fees they mention it again and give the section ‘code’z

The terms and conditions are easily searchable if you want to learn more. Your choice to gloss over the email and not read the terms is your own. The fact other news outlets did read them and produced a simpler to read version for the ‘layman’ without all the legalese is not PayPal’s fault. Of course a news snippet is easier to digest. But you cannot claim you were not informed. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback