Uploading returns tracking info?

I’ve sent the item off and got a tracking number, but when I try to enter a tracking code it always directs me to a page to buy postage? I’ve even used the link in the message from eBay saying what to do if you haven’t used eBay supplied postage. Any ideas?

Comments

• moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I never use ebay supplied postage and don't  have a problem.
    On the right hand side of your items sold (where it gives a list of relist etc) I click on despatched then go back to list and click on add tracking and put in number.
  • moonpenny said:
    On the right hand side of your items sold (where it gives a list of relist etc) I click on despatched then go back to list and click on add tracking and put in number.
    Based on the thread title I think the OP was talking about returning an item, not dispatching one they've sold :)
  • Nobbie1967
    Nobbie1967 Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    moonpenny said:
    Based on the thread title I think the OP was talking about returning an item, not dispatching one they've sold :)
    Yes,
    If I can’t find a way of uploading the tracking info I will just have to rely on the company to sort the refund without prompting from EBay.

Always the same with EBay making it difficult if you don’t use their services🙄
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    My mistake, read it wrong!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If it was an ebay supplied label they have a weird system of asking you to upload but they have already done it for you.  If you check back after a few days you should see it on there. 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If it was an ebay supplied label they have a weird system of asking you to upload but they have already done it for you.  If you check back after a few days you should see it on there. 
    Op suggests this was not an eBay issued label, and from memory I don’t think it is possible to upload your own tracking on a returned item via a case if you haven’t used an  eBay label. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin said:
    Op suggests this was not an eBay issued label, and from memory I don’t think it is possible to upload your own tracking on a returned item via a case if you haven’t used an  eBay label. 
    I completely misread that then, read it as an ebay managed return.   Long flight, too much screen time and not enough eye rest! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback