Are redundancy consultations confidential?

Hi All, hoping someone can advise on this matter. 
My company has announced a reorganisation, to which they have confirmed reducing 3 roles to 2 within my team. However, there are actually 5 roles which a same/similar in total. 
Within my consultation i questioned around why only 3 out of 5 roles have been placed in the selection pool, to which no clear answer was given. 
An hour later, I received an email which stated another role was also at risk of redundancy following my feedback. This email was addressed to both myself and another who was in my original pool of 3. Who has potentially also highlighted the unfair nature of selection. 

Is that fair? Should it not be confidential? Is the company able to add another member in the ‘at-risk’ based on feedback? 

any support and advice would be appreciate 
thanks 

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    That is what consultation is for, discuss the situation and respond to any feedback

You highlighted the selection pool might be wrong they agreed and fixed it.
  • AskAsk
    AskAsk Posts: 2,392
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    That is what consultation is for, discuss the situation and respond to any feedback

You highlighted the selection pool might be wrong they agreed and fixed it.
    oh dear.  OP - have you shot yourself in the foot?  were you in the selection before you made the comment??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback