Sony gets Now TV app.

Options
Now TV is now available to download to Sony Smart TV's via an app...
https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/sony-smart-tvs-finally-get-the-now-tv-app-heres-which-sets-are-supported#:~:text=The Now TV help page,TV, and obviously Now TV
I'm tempted to subscribe, especially with winter on the horizon, and the limitations currently imposed by the virus, meaning greater time indoors.
Do members find it's a good service?
Thanks.

Comments

• pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    With Now TV you can view the content before you subscribe, have a look and see if it appeals.
  • henry11vr
    henry11vr Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does it have all the functionality without subscription?
  • whattochoose
    Options
    pphillips said:
    With Now TV you can view the content before you subscribe, have a look and see if it appeals.
    I've downloaded the Now Tv app on my Sony Smart tv. However, I'm not able to view any product, the free to view stuff I mean. If I click on anything it asks for my username and password, which obviously I don't have yet. It also asks if I need to create an account, and directs me to nowtv.com/android. Doing this gives a link to a Now TV passes page, where it advises you can have a 7 day free trial but have to choose a pass and sign up giving full details, including credit card details.
    So it doesn't look like there's any functionality without subscription, apart from viewing paid content available. It does looks like there are some excellent series available with the entertainment pass, including ones on Sky Atlantic, which I'm not able to watch at present.
    That said, I'm considering the cost which is £9.99 per month, plus £3 a month extra for HD if you wish, which compares unfavorably to Disney+ which is only £5.99 a month for everything.
    So I may decide to go with that instead.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 October 2020 at 12:57PM
    Options
    If you want to take up the free trial and then cancel your subscription, they usually offer you a discount.
  • whattochoose
    Options
    pphillips said:
    If you want to take up the free trial and then cancel your subscription, they usually offer you a discount.
    Thank you. I wasn't aware of that.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business