Can I transfer card balance to another card and then ask the bank to transfer money from another?

Options
If I have 3 cards with 10k limit, two of them are up to the limit but the third is empty, can I transfer one of them to the empty one (that offers me 0% for 18m on my existing card) and then ask the bank that I just moved the money out to balance into my recently paid out card a balance transfer fron the 3rd bank (assuming that they offer a better rate for balance transfers on existing cards)?
That means that I could end up with the same 20k in 2 cards (assuming all can be transfer for simplicity purposes) but with 0% interest rate for a promotional period?
Would the bank that receive the payment from the first bank as a balance transfer allow me to move money from another bank?
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes.       
  • SuperAllyB
    SuperAllyB Posts: 860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you already have an offer on the card you're going to clear?  Offers don't seem to be as regular as usual.

Even if you don't though, at least half of your debt will be 0% which is better than none of it.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Usually it's BTs between cards held by the same provider that cause issues rather than BT between cards held by different providers. There's no issues I can see with what you propose - just make sure you take into account any BT fees your provider(s) will charge. Transferring interest-bearing debt to 0% is a no-brainer, so even if you can't transfer the full amount putting as much as you can at 0% is sensible.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback