We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lastminute.com refund quote

Lastminute.com have just taken the remaining balance from a holiday I booked in 2019, when I called to ask about my options regarding a refund as its a holiday to a country that has the 2 week quarantine on return, they said I would get a cancellation quote, it's just arrived and it's £350, the holiday cost £820!!! My flight is with Ryanair so they say I have to deal with them myself, even tho I booked everything through them and they couldn't tell me if my transfer was refundable. Is this right because I'm wondering if I can do a cancellation through the bank. 

Comments

  • Yet another Lastminute bodyswerve operation in effect and another customer lost for future bookings.
    Who is your transfer with ?
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 6,527 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Unfortunately you can not just do a chargeback on your holiday because the U.K. Government has a quarantine requirement in place for your return.

    LM may be able to give options for cancelling the transfer/hotel (which may or may not be refundable) if you wish to cancel but if RyanAir operate the flights then there would be no refund due on the flights.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.