We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

1…198199201203204…1663

Comments

  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Meant to add, I haven't seen Poppy posting for a while - hope all is ok?
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

    Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,410
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Meant to add, I haven't seen Poppy posting for a while - hope all is ok?
    Hopefully, just summer and better things to do than mooch around on the internet! 
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 37,021
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Farway, I'd also noticed a number of Hotlips locally where some flowers have gone pure white, and another purple that shows the same bi-coloured trait but is now sporting white flowers as well.
    If you've have not made a mistake, you've made nothing
  • walkers60
    walkers60 Posts: 95
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Forumite
    Hotlips can be red, red and white or white all on the same plant, even at the same time.  I believe the mauve and white one is called amethyst lips.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,902
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    At last I picked the blackberries yesterday, they are now inside a cobbler and some are in me

    While I was in the garden yesterday I had a burst of energy and got on with the final pruning of the Judas tree. It does look a lot better now the crown is higher, and more light to the garden as well, should make the dandelions in the grass shoot up I expect

    And the one remaining sunflower has yellow petals showing, if the snails leave it alone I may have a photo soon :)
    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 544
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My Hotlips has not flowered at all this year.
    Thinking it may be the -13 we had in February followed by late frosts in April and May?
    Neither of my hydrangeas flowered
    All plants look healthy
    Will see what next year brings
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 9,354
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 21 August 2021 at 8:43PM
    Envious. My garden looks terrible.
    Baked to within an inch of it's life and no rain at the end of the season and my border looks like a bed of weeds.
    No second flowering on the roses
    Currently a day of decent rain so we'll see what happens but it honestly looks like October here.
    I did buy some pinks and white chrysanths from Morrisons for £1 each and put them in pots so a bit of colour and cheer.
    Oh and some solar 'fairies' - I only meant to get a couple for a joke but they were doing 3 for 2 and reduced - now I have fairies at the bottom of my garden :)

    I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!

    viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

    The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.