We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Amount per litre
Bendy1224
Posts: 50 Forumite
Hi all, I want to find out how I calculate a figure to find what the amount is per litre.
I am wondering if something is worth buying for £13.00.
It’s really baffling my mind as no idea what the calculation is I need to do.
0
Comments
-
If it's any consolation, it's baffling to the rest of us too as we have no idea what calculation you need to do either! The amount of what per litre? What is it that you're looking at buying and where do litres come into it? How will you be judging whether it's worth buying? Does this really relate to bank accounts?Bendy1224 said:Hi all, I want to find out how I calculate a figure to find what the amount is per litre.I am wondering if something is worth buying for £13.00.It’s really baffling my mind as no idea what the calculation is I need to do.1 -
Total price / litres = price per litreSo if whatever you are buying is £13 for 5L, £13 / 5L = £2.60 per litreI am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Benefits & tax credits, Heat pumps and Green & Ethical MoneySaving forums. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.0
-
No problem: Random answer to your random question, you posted in a random forum:Bendy1224 said:Hi all, I want to find out how I calculate a figure to find what the amount is per litre.I am wondering if something is worth buying for £13.00.It’s really baffling my mind as no idea what the calculation is I need to do.
Here you can get 11.6 litres of petrol for your £13
The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon0 -
A pretty simple calculation. Divide the price by the number of liters in it (whatever it is) and it will give you the cost of 1 litre.0
-
You get at least 1,300 litres for £13. That's water. Milk would be fewer litres.0
-
My bottle of Bourbon cost £12.99. This morning there is less than a litre left in it, how much did I drink last night?1
-
Thought you'd be on rum.My bottle of Bourbon cost £12.99. This morning there is less than a litre left in it, how much did I drink last night?4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

