We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Overdrawn customer thinking of switching to starling
priceey
Posts: 22 Forumite
Hello,
Starling bank has recently popped onto my radar.
Looking at their website, it seems me, being a halifax overdrawn customer could save around £80 a year by switching to them (providing they accept an overdrawn customer)
Would that be a good idea?
obvs the savings on the account is a bonus, but are starling any good?
Starling bank has recently popped onto my radar.
Looking at their website, it seems me, being a halifax overdrawn customer could save around £80 a year by switching to them (providing they accept an overdrawn customer)
Would that be a good idea?
obvs the savings on the account is a bonus, but are starling any good?
0
Comments
-
I would concentrate on clearing and staying out of your overdraft first...3
-
If you switch you still owe your Halifax that money. It is not switched to Starling even if you get a overdraft.priceey said:Hello,
Starling bank has recently popped onto my radar.
Looking at their website, it seems me, being a halifax overdrawn customer could save around £80 a year by switching to them (providing they accept an overdrawn customer)
Would that be a good idea?
obvs the savings on the account is a bonus, but are starling any good?
Yes you could pay it off, once you have switched. But that is reliant on them giving you a overdraft amount that allows enough funds..Life in the slow lane0 -
Starling are a nice bank and I'm quite fond of them
their overdraft rates seem to be about 15, 25 or 35% depending on whatever ...
you need to compare that with what Halifax are currently charging if it is less than obviously it is a good idea to switch providing of course they are happy to accept your overdraft0 -
That's the point. I can't afford to pay more than £10 or £20 off a month.D3xt3r5L4b said:I would concentrate on clearing and staying out of your overdraft first...
If I switch and they accept my overdraft, I'll be paying £7 less a month in overdraft interest for a start.0 -
My Starling says they can't offer me an overdraft as it is less than 90 days since I opened the account. Not sure if you can apply for the overdraft straight away.
1 -
Why don't you open a account and see if they offer you one. Then you can switch later (maybe, or just move DD's manually)priceey said:
That's the point. I can't afford to pay more than £10 or £20 off a month.D3xt3r5L4b said:I would concentrate on clearing and staying out of your overdraft first...
If I switch and they accept my overdraft, I'll be paying £7 less a month in overdraft interest for a start.
As I said. When switching any overdraft stays where it is (Halifax), it is not switched to the new bank.
No switching bonus, so it makes no difference.Life in the slow lane1 -
Maybe post on the DFW board whilst you’re here thenpriceey said:
That's the point. I can't afford to pay more than £10 or £20 off a month.D3xt3r5L4b said:I would concentrate on clearing and staying out of your overdraft first...
If I switch and they accept my overdraft, I'll be paying £7 less a month in overdraft interest for a start.1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
