🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2020

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I finished the Fresh Sugar Rose Scrub this morning.  Lovely.  Looking forward to opening my new pot though I want to finish my LUSH Cup of Coffee first.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    Finished Laura Geller eyeshadow pen. it was hard to get control of the shadow as too big and very watery colour. I would not buy again.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    VALM said:
    asajj said:
    1 more UU this week - Pixi Retinol Tonic
    If I ever need to buy another tonic from Pixi, it will be Glow tonic and not this one. It smells nice, feels fresh on the skin but didn't really feel any different than any other toner I use.

Has anyone ever found a toner/tonic that they feel does anything?  I don't yet I still use one!!  Am enjoying the Elemis Apricot one at the moment and now spritz it on rather than using cotton wool pads. 
    I like Pixi Glow Tonic as I think it brightens up my skin! Toner is an odd one I think, I still want to use one but mostly out of habit. Currently using Superdrug Glycolic Tonic. 
    Sold 3 products last week and UU'ed a tube of toothpaste but that's mainly it.

ally.
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 437 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 October 2020 at 8:30PM
    Options
    UUs:
    Lavender olive oil soap from Greece. Will switch to a shower oil for now as skin is getting drier.

Some cheeky ins at bargain prices:
    Cerave Moisturising cream - Heard good things about this product and it's only 50ml, so won't be a LHJ if I don't like it.
    It's Skin hyaluronic acid - Korean skin care found whilst browsing in TK Maxx. Hope I'll be able to buy it again if it's good. 
    Primark lemon candle

Hope to have more UUs and no ins for the rest of 2020. It's amazing how long things last when you stop buying new things. :smile:

• VALM
    Options
    Finished Laura Geller eyeshadow pen. it was hard to get control of the shadow as too big and very watery colour. I would not buy again.

I've not had the eyeshadow pen but have had her eyeshadows in the past which have all been thrown away due to loss of pigmentation.  I've also used her lipstick, lipgloss, blush, bronzer, foundation (baked) and primer before.  From all those products I would repurchase her blush (though I won't feel the need as I have so many), bronzer and primer.  Her lip products are on a par with anyone elses and the foundation formula changed, became too powdery.  Her bronzer though (so long as the formula of that has not changed) is lovely.   When I finally finish all my bronzers I would repurchase. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    asajj
    Yes, I think I use it out of habit.  You have just reminded me that I did used to like the Murad Glycholic Toner but have switched to Lacura Glycholic pads and The Inkey List Vitamin C serum both of which are much cheaper and provide the same effect. 

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Another UU - Elf camo concealer.  Replacement already in hand.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    Options
    One out Tempera in the ABH Soft glam palette
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    I tossed out a body lotion that I had for years. It made my legs sting so I got rid. If I used it in time it would have been ok so not judging it harshly. 
    I got a new eyebrow pencil in Primark this morning.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure