🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2020

Options

Comments

• pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    First UU of October: 

Beauty Pie triple hyaluronic acid. WNBA. Have cancelled membership now but it was ok. 
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One IN from the other day:

Oral B Satin Tape 25m

An essential. I'm going to try and be good this month and not buy anything, unless I absolutely need to. I may be going near to a Lush store later this month, so I may treat myself to a few favourites, but I'm going to make the effort to use up my current bath bombs and bubble bars :) 
  • Betharooni
    Options
    UU

L'Oréal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo 400ml - gives my hair a little more body, have another two bottles of it to use after I bought several a while ago. Probably won’t buy again when they’re all used up.
  • sstevo19
    Options
    A few INs today from a cheeky order the other night, which I made before I vowed to not buy anything unnecessary  :wink:

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Texture Spray 60ml
    Bumble and Bumble Don’t Blow It (Fine) 60ml
    Bumble and Bumble Glow Thermal Protection Spray 30ml sample
    Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray 15ml sample
    Bumble and Bumble Surf Styling Leave In 7ml sample
    Bumble and Bumble Thickening Volume Shampoo + Conditioner sample

Don't judge me, I wanted to get ready for when my current tube finishes and the Texture spray is very helpful. 
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    Another UU this morning: 

Stratia liquid gold. WBA. Lovely rich moisturiser 
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • sstevo19
    Options
    Two UUs from last night:

Lush Validation Shower Bomb - WPNB. This was part of a giftset I received as a present. It was nice, and has a nice scent but it's not like a bath bomb for your shower, it's a body cleanser. You wet it under the shower, and use it to wash yourself. It was alright but nothing startling. 

Jordan Samuel Skin The Performance Cream 60ml - WNBA. This was nice but the skin on my face didn't like it, so I've used it up on my body. It's such a shame as I had such high hopes for this and Jordan is such a lovely man and I really wanted to like it 
    :( 
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    asajj said:
    1 more UU this week - Pixi Retinol Tonic
    If I ever need to buy another tonic from Pixi, it will be Glow tonic and not this one. It smells nice, feels fresh on the skin but didn't really feel any different than any other toner I use.

Has anyone ever found a toner/tonic that they feel does anything?  I don't yet I still use one!!  Am enjoying the Elemis Apricot one at the moment and now spritz it on rather than using cotton wool pads. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family