Iva acceptance

My IVA as been approved,
it was £276 originally but My IP is now telling me that the info they got is different to the creditors so it’s going to be £417.
My IP said to me they can bring it down with a 15% discretionary drop to £355 per month.
Can anyone advise on this 🤔 !!

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 September 2020 at 12:43AM
    Hi,
    What advice do you want ?

Its all contained in the terms and conditions of your arrangement, have you not received  them ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Hi thanks for your reply,
    so That’s a difference of £62 per month is that x 60 months to be added on at the end how do it work ?
  • Not received anything yet , just accepted today.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 September 2020 at 12:49AM
    You agree what you will repay at the start of your arrangement, your creditors obviously want £417 a month, you should have been asked if that was acceptable or not.
    Your IP can reduce your monthly payments by up to 15%, without penalty, but that is not the way to start your IVA, what if other problems crop up in the future, this is why it’s so important to budget correctly, and the main reason a lot of IVA’s tend to fail.

Sounds like very unprofessional behaviour on the part of the IP.

Let me just clarify,  it’s only if you take a payment break that the missed payments have to be paid back, if your unsure, contact your IP and get them to clarify things, that’s why you pay them.
    There are new rules at present due to covid 19 as well, have you been made aware of those ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Ok,
    thank you very much for your advise.
    will ask for clarification before I sign anything.
    👍 much appreciated 
  • Hello again,
    so had clarification. Bit sketchy !!
    1) who pays for the difference , if anyone does? 
    2) And do the creditors know that I’ll be paying £355 and not £417 ?
    3) will it show on my Iva paper work when I get it in 2/3 days time ?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback