Paying off 0% Credit Card

Options
So this isn’t as straight forward as the title but I will try to explain best I can. 
I’ve had a Tesco credit card for a few years. It was at 0 but they offered me 0% on transfers in October 2019 so I transferred some money I had on another card (£2500). They gave me another offer in Nov/Dec and knowing I would be getting my end of year bonus to pay some of the money off I transfer another £4000. End of Dec I pay off £4000. New balance in Jan is £2758. They give me another 0% offer so I transfer another £800. 

That brings my September 2020 statement to £3,317 as shown. 

So my first 0% offer where I transferred the initial £2500 will be ending 10 October. Does this mean I will now pay interest on the £3,317 outstanding? Or not as in theory I paid off the £2500 in Dec? 

I hope this makes sense! 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It depends on what balances you have on what promos, which depends on how payments have been allocated to your multiple 0% balances.  

Most common is by closest end date first.

Each balance will attract interest according to the terms of that specific promo.
  • Ara1985
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to add that each offer was for a  period of one year.
  • nomoneytoday
    Options
    AFAIK, they usually go in order of highest to lowest interest rate and then where the same rate is applied then by date order.

• Ara1985
    Options
    Sorry I have to say I didn’t understand either of the replies but thank you anyway! I have applied and been accepted for another 0% card with no transfer fee so I will just transfer the balance to that now and not worry about it :-) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback