We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Morrison’s Euro carparks
bobcat2
Posts: 72 Forumite
Dam it, made a silly mistake and think I’ve overstayed by 13 minutes in Morrisons car park. Didn’t realise until 2 late it’s only 2 hours. Assuming I’m guaranteed to get a letter in the post what is the current best course of action. I hate these dang car parks they’re just a trap, they invite you in, says it’s free and then gotcha here’s a fine. Can’t stand ECP but am I better to just pay to avoid more cost or fight it out of principle?
0
Comments
-
When you get a Parking Charge Notice, it's not a fine, complain to Morrisons.
It really is that simple. Get Morrisons to cancel it. Keep your receipts. Show them you are a loyal customer.1 -
How to deal with this is all explained in the opening post on the NEWBIES thread.2
-
Were you using the store, or just its car park?bobcat2 said:
Thanks, don’t usually go to that store which is why I got caught out.KeithP said:When you get a Parking Charge Notice, it's not a fine, complain to Morrisons.
It really is that simple. Get Morrisons to cancel it. Keep your receipts. Show them you are a loyal customer.Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street2 -
Yes using the store, went specifically for something, but needed to make a phone call and ended up chatting for too long 🤦♂️Umkomaas said:
Were you using the store, or just its car park?bobcat2 said:
Thanks, don’t usually go to that store which is why I got caught out.KeithP said:When you get a Parking Charge Notice, it's not a fine, complain to Morrisons.
It really is that simple. Get Morrisons to cancel it. Keep your receipts. Show them you are a loyal customer.0 -
Didn’t just go for free parking0
-
The Ms manager should be keen to help you. They seem not to like a third party upsetting any genuine customer. Go armed with receipts for the day, along with any back issues of cc/bank statements showing previous patronage of Ms. If you (or relative!) have one of their 'More' loyalty cards, take that with you too.Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street2 -
Thanks I will do, dont normally used that one as it’s out of my way but I’ve spent over £90 there in the last week, mainly petrol admittedly0
-
Don't forget your receipts/proofs of purchases. This will be cancelled in no time.bobcat2 said:Thanks I will do, dont normally used that one as it’s out of my way but I’ve spent over £90 there in the last week, mainly petrol admittedlyPlease note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street3 -
........ and don't overstay this time whilst you are arguing discussing it with the manager - not the customer services bod (or bodess)!2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

