sphock buyer protection

Options
challengedavid
challengedavid Posts: 235 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
looking on sphock noticed an item was being advertised with "sphock buyer protection" with delivery this costing an extra £20 ontop of the purchase price
has anyone had any experiance with this?  buying on ebay i know i would get my item or my money back but not used to similar on sphock
item is £300 so not wanting to lose out, seller had +5 positve reviews

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The last time I used SHpock they were using PayPal, but I have no idea if they are still doing that or if they have their own payment method now. Personally I never used their payment services as they took a huge chunk of the money, instead I always used PayPal for my buyers- so you might try speaking to the seller. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • challengedavid
    Options
    looks like its their own payment system
    would it be safer than paypal?  guess i am asking if anyone has used it and had any issues?

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seem to remember it mentioned buyer protection a lot and very little about the seller protection.

Assume its going to be very similar to paypal. must send to the registered address and probably wont
    cover you if they send back a faulty or wrong item same as paypal.

On their comparison it shows
    Paypal 3.4% +20p   Sphock 3% - 8%.

Bit that annoys me, why are we paying more for UK sellers?  £10 UK but only  €8 for Austria, Germany and Italy.
    £10 is closer to €11.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback