🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MBNA Summary box on min payments

Options
I have loads of mbna cards,,and it used to say the lesser of £5 or somethin.
and i used them in financial difficulty,,say i had 4k in a 0% period it used to be £5 a month

anyway im in a little dificulty (again) at the moment and need a cheap monthly payment card,,ive just got a virgin card and am going to transfer £5k onto it,but they changed there summary box to the below,,does anyone know what the min monthly payment will be on this amount?

im in 0% period aswell

Ive read it as £25,,,

"If the balance shown on your statement is £25 or less, it will be the total amount of the statement balance; or
if the balance shown on your statement is more than £25, it will be whichever is the least of 3% of the statement balance or the total of any Payment Protection Cover charges, interest, handling fees and default charges plus £5, provided that it will always be at least £25."

Thanks for anyones help
Dony worry,be happy...

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have a MBNA card and we did a balance transfer to it for £4,000. and they just request a payment of £25.00 per month.
  • craggs
    craggs Posts: 256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that,,so should be the £25

really must try and get some help with my depts
    Dony worry,be happy...
  • W1zz
    W1zz Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    craggs wrote: »
    Thanks for that,,so should be the £25

really must try and get some help with my depts

I've just got a VirginMoney card and like you've found out the min payment is £25 - But remember that you also have to pay your transfer fee on your first payment as well.

Easiest way is to setup minimum payment on your account via the VirginMoney website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport