First Post First Anniversary
edited 6 October 2020 at 9:48AM in Coronavirus support and help
Work place

Comments

• JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Is in your new job ?
    I would question whether you know enough about the new role and the organisation to judge whether there is a legitimate business need
  • Its not a new role ive been there 4 years
  • As the current government advice has recently changed to "work from home if you can", then I'd ask the company to justify why you need to be in the office. Without knowing your job role it is hard to guess at why this might be but could all sorts of justifications including productivity and data security. 

Before you go back to the office, make sure you have seen the risk assessment for the office environment and what mitigating actions have been implemented to make the work place safe. I would expect a range of measures including temperature checks upon entering the office, signage for social distancing, one way systems, desks allocated 2 metres apart unless shields are fitted, air circulation, face masks required when moving around, hand sanitiser and wipes available, regular cleaning of the office etc.
    YNAB enthusiast and extreme coupon-er.
    Discounts, coupons and cashback:
    2019 = £1,443.52
    2020 = £1,191,76
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 September 2020 at 12:49PM
    As the current government advice has recently changed to "work from home if you can", then I'd ask the company to justify why you need to be in the office. Without knowing your job role it is hard to guess at why this might be but could all sorts of justifications including productivity and data security. 

Before you go back to the office, make sure you have seen the risk assessment for the office environment and what mitigating actions have been implemented to make the work place safe. I would expect a range of measures including temperature checks upon entering the office, signage for social distancing, one way systems, desks allocated 2 metres apart unless shields are fitted, air circulation, face masks required when moving around, hand sanitiser and wipes available, regular cleaning of the office etc.
    agreed - BUT the employer may quite easily be able to justify why the role cant be adequately done from home
    It all depends on his role, job etc etc
  • Of course the employee could kick up a fuss about it and find himself out of a job. At least go in and show some willing to start.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Its not a new role ive been there 4 years
    Didn't you start your new job? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business