Forum Home» Going Out Deals

Wowcher refund because I can’t redeem voucher with the merchant

New Post Advanced Search

Wowcher refund because I can’t redeem voucher with the merchant

3 replies 291 views
sianhasianha Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I bought a 7 course taster menu at the Parkhouse club Cardiff, but unfortunately the club hasn’t traded since February - some time before the before the Wowcher offer Was advertised - and I haven’t been able to redeem the voucher. I got in touch with Wowcher to ask for a refund and they too have been unable to contact the merchant. Wowcher have said they will give me half the value of the voucher as a credit note. I maintain my contract is with Wowcher as I haven’t been able to redeem my voucher at all with the merchant. Wowcher have effectively sold me goods that I have not yet received or will be able to receive as the merchant isn’t trading. I don’t want half a credit note I want a complete refund. I raised my complaint with Wowcher before the voucher expiry date and have kept records of my complaint. What do I do next? 

Replies

• lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    26.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you pay? A chargeback might be the easiest solution.
  • SelindaSelinda Forumite
    11 posts
    First Post
    I know this is an old thread - but I have literally just sorted out something similar. Had a wowcher which could not be used (not because the restaurant is no longer trading but because they are shut during lockdown). I contacted wowcher and they gave me a voucher credit for the FULL amount. Not sure why you are only being offered half especially if the voucher is still in date. Their own terms and conditions offer a voucher credit if you want to exchange.... 
    In regard to cash refund - not sure this would be possible and I didn't ask myself - but a full credit to use on a different offer was immediately provided.  

• pbartlettpbartlett Forumite
    612 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    terms and conditions. see section 9.2

https://www.wowcher.co.uk/page/e-commerceterms