CENSUS RECORDS

Hi,
Firstly I am sorry if this is in the wrong category.   
I am trying to get the history up of my 1902 property through the census records.  The sites are saying free but then they want payment when they have found my searches/information.  Can anyone help with suggestions on how I get this information please as I am very new to this?
Thank you
Cathy

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If your local libraries or archives are open they often have free ancestry access. The local archives may be able to assist you in the search.

Otherwise take a free 14 day trial on ancestry (remember to cancel) and do your search 
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You currently only have access to the 1911 census and the 1939 war census. The 1921 census will arrive next year , the 1931 was destroyed in a fire , no 1941 census due to the war .

Not sure if the old electoral rolls are searchable on address
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa said:
    You currently only have access to the 1911 census and the 1939 war census. The 1921 census will arrive next year , the 1931 was destroyed in a fire , no 1941 census due to the war .

Not sure if the old electoral rolls are searchable on address
    The 1921 census won't be available till January 2022 as it is the first census subject to the 100 year rule. It will be on Find My Past.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • cathy36
    cathy36 Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you all for your help, I'm getting somewhere slowly now. I have taken the 14 day free trial :) but how do I just look for my property as I have no name info to input?
    Thank you x
  • Does the town you live in have a local website? I know there is one for our village and quite often people post photos of houses in the village and it doesnt take long to get the 'My grandma lived there' type of messages. May be worth a try.
  • socks_uk
    socks_uk Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I know you posted this a while ago but if you haven't already taken up the 2-week free trial for 'Find my Past' then give it a go because you can actually search the censuses via property as well as names.
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Starting Debt 21st August 2019 = £11,024
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
    Debt Free Challenge - To be debt free by August 2024
  • It's ages since I've used them but IIRC it's only Find My Past that allows you to search by address
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback