Barclay proof of funds and closed my accounts

Options
 I opened a personal account with Barclays on the Tuesday, made two transfers to it from my husband's and I joint account. They then, on the Thursday put a block on my account and withheld all my funds.
Now I am being told to send proof of funds to the Barclays email address BarclaysPOF@barclayscorp.com, and to wait 10 workings days for a reply.
I just want to know if in the end, anyone got their money back, and how long it took with this process. I feel really helpless, when no one over the phone and in branch can help me. They said if you had  wages and benefits paid into the account, you can go in with 2 IDs and withdraw. But this account is new, and i had no wages and benefit paid in.
This is so stressful for me.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If the funds were simply transferred from another account under your control then it shouldn't be a problem to get the block removed once you supply the evidence, but yes, there won't be anything else you can do to expedite this, in branch or by phone, so you just need to let their investigation take its course, inconvenient though that may be.  Presumably if there are no wages or benefits paid into this account then you'll still have money elsewhere to survive on in the mean time?
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The quicker you get the proof sent in, the quicker it will get resolved.
    Might find that a online statement showing the amounts & customer details will clear it.
    Life in the slow lane
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
     OP - Told you you would get good advice doing your own thread.
  • Stranger101
    Options
    Many thanks. I will leave an update when all is resolved. 
  • Ak300
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same exact position that you were, and I’m hoping you can give me some advice, as Barclays have been no help at all. 23rd September was when Barclays closed my current account as well as my savings account. They have ceased my funds and have informed me to send documentation to proof of funds department which was done in the 30th September. It is now 19th November and we still have not heard anything at all. 
    Whenever I call up, all they tell me is that they are still reviewing it and there is no update or correspondence. 
    It’s another lockdown now and I have no income coming, I’m not working and I’m really struggling. 

Can anyone help me at all? 
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Ak300 said:
    Hi, I am in the same exact position that you were, and I’m hoping you can give me some advice, as Barclays have been no help at all. 23rd September was when Barclays closed my current account as well as my savings account. They have ceased my funds and have informed me to send documentation to proof of funds department which was done in the 30th September. It is now 19th November and we still have not heard anything at all. 
    Whenever I call up, all they tell me is that they are still reviewing it and there is no update or correspondence. 
    It’s another lockdown now and I have no income coming, I’m not working and I’m really struggling. 

Not on here no - only somebody at Barclays can.
    Have you opened a new bank account? Are you claiming benefits that you may be entitled to?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ak300 said:

What help do you think we can provide ?

The bank are the only ones who can help here.
  • brianposter
    brianposter Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 November 2020 at 10:11PM
    Options
    Contact your MP and a newspaper.
  • JSmithy97
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem they closed my account with my money in and i have sent 2 emails to POF team and been into branch 2 times with proof of funds and they are still not releasing my funds . Why is this ?

It has been over 2 months they closed my accounts and told me wait 10 working days for a reply from the POF team but still no reply feels like I'm hitting a brick wall . What you recommenced to do ?

Its been over 2 months and still no joy 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure