EasyJet Vouchers don't work for holidays!

My flights to Egypt were cancelled in June, so I accepted a voucher (£800), thinking I was helping the airline, and should be easy enough to use them next year. The voucher code came via email, and it said to use it I must call customer services. I recently got a promotional email from EasyJet about holidays to Egypt, and for the first time, they were including the hotel in Sahl Hasheesh we go to each year. I checked it out and the prices were great, so I booked it for June 2021, and paid the deposit of £120. The following morning I called customer services (not easy!) and asked to apply my voucher, only to be told I can't use a voucher from cancelled flights for a holiday, only flights! I said, but it's the same company, same flights, booked on the same website. I was told they are separate companies, and there was nothing they could do. I said I had checked the flights, and they were the same ones, taking off and landing at the same time, only to be told "well, one would go just before the other"! What a load of bull !!!!!!!
My voucher email doesn't say it's only for flight, it just says 'future bookings'. If I cancel the holiday and book flights and hotel separately, I lose my £120 deposit, plus it will cost more. I am now stuck with an £800 flight voucher I can't use, and can't get refunded. 
I asked to speak to a manager, but was told none could take my call, but I would get a call back within 72 hours. Needless to say, this didn't happen!
Has anyone else experienced this, and found a solution?

Comments

• I don't know how you contact them other than what you have already done - can you get them to cash the voucher for you as a refund? 
  • I asked about a refund, and they said no. I need to make a complaint in the strongest possible way, but I dare say it won't even get read.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 September 2020 at 10:28AM
    This has cropped up on here before. The flight only and the holiday side are treated as two seperate entities so you cant use a voucher for one on the other.

Its not "bull", it is what it is. I wouldnt expect to be able to use an Argos gift voucher in Sainsburys, exactly the same.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback