a question for YNAB Classic (YNAB 4 for Windows) users

Hello. I have a license to YNAB 4 classic, which is the one-off software, not the new online subscription. Does anyone know if it works with syncforynab.com? I've been entering my transactions manually until now, but would love to have them imported automatically. If not, can anyone recommend software that does what YNAB does and synchronizes with UK banks? Thanks. 

Comments

• Short answer, no I don’t know if this works with YNAB4 or not.

It may not be relevant, but I have used automatic syncing with the new version of YNAB and it is a nightmare. You have to keep refreshing the links to get them to work and you get a lot of duplicated transactions, which all have to be tidied up. It’s more trouble than it’s worth to be honest and I don’t think the Open Banking procedures are yet up to the job.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • gobeye
    gobeye Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    No that won't work. As mentioned though it is better to enter transactions manually, doesn't take much effort and helps worth accountability.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback