PIP Renewal during Covid - payments

Options
Hi, brief overview:-
Jan 2020 - received renewal form for PIP. 
Feb 2020 - returned renewal form via signed-for post.
July 2020 - 6 month extension due to Covid
August 2020 - Had telephone Assessment appointment 
Sept 2020 - received copy of report indicating that both components increase from standard to enhanced. 
Question - can anyone confirm (if DWP agree with assessor) if you have received backdated payment for similar circumstances and if so, is it back dated to date of renewal forms sent back ie February 2020 or date of decision?
many thanks in advance.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 September 2020 at 12:24AM
    Options
    xenadog said:
    Hi, brief overview:-
    Jan 2020 - received renewal form for PIP. 
    Feb 2020 - returned renewal form via signed-for post.
    July 2020 - 6 month extension due to Covid
    August 2020 - Had telephone Assessment appointment 
    Sept 2020 - received copy of report indicating that both components increase from standard to enhanced. 
    Question - can anyone confirm (if DWP agree with assessor) if you have received backdated payment for similar circumstances and if so, is it back dated to date of renewal forms sent back ie February 2020 or date of decision?
    many thanks in advance.

There's no backdated money owned when it's a review. It's paid from when the decision is made. Backdated money is owed if you reported a change of circumstances which prompted more forms to be sent.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 September 2020 at 5:41PM
    Options
    There's no backdated money owned when it's a review. It's paid from when the decision is made.
    That's not our experience. 
    Last review decision was made after a face to face early this year just before the award ended.  
    We got LRC standard daily living added to the existing LRM standard mobility and it was backdated to last September. 
    Whether a mistake or normal I cannot say.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Rodders53 said:
    There's no backdated money owned when it's a review. It's paid from when the decision is made.
    Last review decision was made after a face to face early this year just before the award ended.  
    We got LRC added to the existing LRM and it was backdated to last September. 
    There's no such award as LRC and LRM for PIP. It's standard or Enhanced for daily living and Mobility.

• Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There's no such award as LRC and LRM for PIP. It's standard or Enhanced for daily living and Mobility.
    Pedant ;)  
    Now corrected in italics with my error struck through.  Presumably you accept the backdating part?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Usually they don't backdate an award if it's a review, that's all i know. I have no idea why yours was backdated.
  • Newly_retired
    Options
    Do you mean you moved from DLA to PIP?
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    Rodders53 said:
    We got LRC standard daily living added to the existing LRM standard mobility and it was backdated to last September. 
    Was it a routine review or had you reported a change of circumstances in the September and they only got around to (re)assessing a few months later?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback