Notice pay and universal credits

kirsty_baird
kirsty_baird Posts: 132
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 16 September 2020 at 7:24PM in Redundancy & redundancy planning
Hi,
I got made redundant in March my work shut down and are going through a cva.
I recieved my first Universal credit payment at the end of June. I was given some redundancy from the redundancy payment office in June.

I managed to get a job and began last week, im due to be paid in 3 weeks. Its part time, my son now attends nursery and the fees are £500 a month. I had to pay his first month upfront which I was told I would get back 85%.

I recieved my notice pay around 2 weeks ago, which we used towards the nursery fee and the rest paid the credit card. This was my 12 weeks notice minus the universal credit payments for the last 2 months. This money came from the redundancy payments offices again as my previous work shut down so they couldn't pay it.

I recieved my claim today and the notice pay has been put through as a wage? Which means we are entitle to nothing this month including the childcare paid. Is this right? Should this be counted finding conflicting information online. I posted ont he universal credit board and have been advised to raise a dispute but I cant stop worrying as if its right we need to live off just my fiances wage of under £1400, our rent and nursery alone is £900 with other bills we would struggle to pay anything. I was advised previously that redundancy payments under £6000 dont count towards universal credit or else we wouldn't have used the payment to clear debt.

Thanks 

Someone said its put us over the benefit cap his wage of just under 1400 and the notice payment 1500 (bearing in mind I was made redundant months ago and had to wait 12 weeks to claim, which is why they took off the universal credit the past few payments from it) does this mean we won't get help with childcare or anything next month either im so worried about how were going to mange this month
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback