Any help for urgent home repairs available?

We receive Guaranteed Pension Credit, are homeowners and need urgent home repairs. Basically, the drain which takes the kitchen waste water to a soak away at the front of the house (we live in the sticks), is blocked (probably by tree roots), and needs to be sorted. ATM, waste water is pooling around the gulley and going nowhere. We've paid to have it rodded a few times, but it blocks again after a couple of months. Does any one know of any help, in the form of grants, which we may be able to apply for towards the cost to get this sorted once and for all.  This dirty water is a health hazard. TIA


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools