In my opinion PayPal's refund guarantee refund guarantee is worthless? I ordered and paid for a 50litre Cool box advertised on Facebook, it suggested it was from the U.S,A. , I paid for this in U.S. dollars by PayPal on the 30th May. Then I was notified by the receipt that it was coming from  "Blog Supermarket , Wuhan China". On the 27th July I received an empty ring box from China? It transpired that the tracking number on this packet was for the Cool Box? I raised a dispute with PayPal straight away. PayPal has been dragging this out, last week I was offered a partial refund, which I refused! Yesterday I was offered a full refund , conditional on me returning the ring box to China at my expense! The return shipping address is in Chinese! It is impossible to speak to a real person from PayPal. It is apparent in discourse on social media that this is a problem now sellers are sending an item of an insignificant value to provide a tracking number! PayPal does not appear to be interested?  Unfortunately PayPal has a monopoly on on online payments! SOMETHING TO INVESTIGATED BY MARTIN LEWIS'S TEAM ?

Replies

• edited 16 September 2020 at 9:55AM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 September 2020 at 9:55AM
    Martin moved away from here many years ago.  He doesn't investigate ring boxes any more.

How much will it cost to send a very small empty box to China? It seems perhaps the most practical solution, even if it's not ideal. 

As a rule, never buy anything from Facebook.  It's purely for looking at pictures of other people's pets and problems, not commerce.
  • edited 16 September 2020 at 10:43AM
    phillwphillw Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 September 2020 at 10:43AM
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us
    Have you tried text messaging them? I have had mostly good experience with the resolution centre.