New Post Advanced Search

Eon objection upheld?

6 replies 137 views
Deso1972Deso1972 Forumite
1 posts
Fourth Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi,
ive tried switching to a new supplier as my current deal ran out on 1st Sept. my last bill in Aug 7th I was £154 in Credit, I’m currently in credit today at £255, I have been told Eon have objected to my switch and that it has been upheld? My last bill was estimated even though I have had smart meters fitted since last year?
my direct debit was £128 per month until 1st Sept when it reduced to £101, then I received an email saying it was going up to £118 a month from Oct, presumably because I have been switched to a standard tariff?. My query is surely I cannot be in debt one month after my last Estimated Bill ( with a smart meter??) said I was £154 in credit? My next bill is 23rd October. Can anyone shed any light as to why Eon objected to the switch? I’m not in debt to my knowledge??
thanks

Replies

• PetriixPetriix Forumite
    464 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Have you taken an actual reading and compared it to the estimated bill? That's the only way you will be able to know the true picture.
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some odd billing dates here - Aug 7,  Oct 23.  Are you billed quarterly with the Aug one produced late ?  

With some suppliers what you see on the portal can be misleading as it only shows the DD credited since the last bill and the credit/debit on the last bill - the cost of energy is not included until the bill is produced.

Read your meter TODAY and send them online to E.on.  Then look back on your bills until you find one with Actual readings and do you own sums 
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_HelenaE.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deso1972 said:
    Hi,
    ive tried switching to a new supplier as my current deal ran out on 1st Sept. my last bill in Aug 7th I was £154 in Credit, I’m currently in credit today at £255, I have been told Eon have objected to my switch and that it has been upheld? My last bill was estimated even though I have had smart meters fitted since last year?
    my direct debit was £128 per month until 1st Sept when it reduced to £101, then I received an email saying it was going up to £118 a month from Oct, presumably because I have been switched to a standard tariff?. My query is surely I cannot be in debt one month after my last Estimated Bill ( with a smart meter??) said I was £154 in credit? My next bill is 23rd October. Can anyone shed any light as to why Eon objected to the switch? I’m not in debt to my knowledge??
    thanks
    Good morning Deso1972 and welcome to the forum.

I agree with Robin9 here, get some accurate reads and pop them on to your online account, you can also produce a real time bill or balance so you can see exactly where the accounts stands.

We would object to an account leaving us if there is a balance over £20, or over 28 days old. We may also object if there is some incorrect metering or technical information.

I understand from your post that you have spoken to us and the objection is upheld, it would be worth speaking to us again to gain a bit more information, contact details are on the website.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dogshomedogshome Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haveing a Smart meter doesn't guarantee that your supplier is getting regular readings, and the clue is the latest bill being Estimated
    Were any of the previous bills Estimated? - Check the End Reading on the latest bill against what your meter is reading today, because of the time delay they won't coincide, but if there is a big difference either way get onto Eon a.s.a.p.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deso1972 said:
    Hi,
    thanks

We would object to an account leaving us if there is a balance over £20, or over 28 days old. We may also object if there is some incorrect metering or technical information.

Thank you

Helena
    Surely you mean "balance over £20 and more than 28 days overdue" Otherwise you would never allow anyone to switch unless they had a positive balance ??
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_HelenaE.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deso1972 said:
    Hi,
    thanks

Thank you

Helena
    Surely you mean "balance over £20 and more than 28 days overdue" Otherwise you would never allow anyone to switch unless they had a positive balance ??
    Hi brewerdave,

Sorry, here is the official line.

From Thursday 14 May, if a customer owes us more than £20, and they were notified about this at least 28 days ago, we’ll automatically object to them leaving us to join another supplier. 

There are a couple of reasons that we wouldn't object, Erroneous Transfer, or you’re in the middle of moving home when a switch to another energy supplier is started.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"