Neg Feedback

Options
Just had my first negative. The buyer said, "Sent to the wrong address, even though I reminded the seller". I don't have any recollection of being asked to send it to a different address and have checked my eBay messages. I sent it to the delivery address on the order. I've checked and there is no buyer note attached to the order. Is there anywhere else I should check? Should I then email the buyer about it? Any help appreciated. 

Comments

• moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe it was the courier who delivered to wrong address. 

This week I have had a courier deliver my order to a similar address to mine 2 streets away. (not ebay)   Luckily the lady of other address brought it round to me.
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moonpenny said:
    Maybe it was the courier who delivered to wrong address. 

This week I have had a courier deliver my order to a similar address to mine 2 streets away. (not ebay)   Luckily the lady of other address brought it round to me.
    I'm assuming it was delivered to the address on the envelope. I have the impression the buyer has received it.  It was sent Royal Mail in small envelope. There's been no other communication about not receiving it etc, just this negative today.

I wonder whether they thought they had asked me to send it to someone else's address (as a gift for example), but actually had forgotten to do so??? 
    I'm confused!
  • noitsnotme
    Options
    Check the address shown on PayPal.  Was it different to the one shown on eBay?
  • Bronnie
    Options
    Check the address shown on PayPal.  Was it different to the one shown on eBay?
    Thank you. Just checked. The eBay delivery address and the PayPal address are the same. 
  • noitsnotme
    Options
    Send them a message asking them which address they wanted it delivered to.  When (if!) that is different to the one given on the order, contact ebay and explain the situation.   Ebay might agree to remove the negative feedback however you might come unstuck if you have no delivery confirmation.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is worth looking through messages to see if something was received- and regardless of that phoning ebay on the basis that a seller cannot change the delivery address as otherwise they forgo any seller protection. I always think it worth at least giving ebay a try esepcially when it is buyer who may be trying to change things against the t and cs outlines on ebay. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bronnie
    Options
    The buyer has been very pleasant. She seems to have tried to change the delivery address via Paypal. She told me the revised delivery address and I definitely had no knowledge of it. She is happy to withdraw the negative and I've sent a request to eBay. Hopefully all will end well. Thank you for your advice and support everyone!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback