Email from paypal

Just had an email from paypal claiming that I added a new email address and that it needs to be verified (picture of email attached).

I haven't, and am up to speed on scammers etc. Problem is the email was personally addressed to me as opposed to the generic Dear User etc. PayPal state if its an official email they would personally address it. Are scammers just getting a bit more clued up?

I have logged onto my account and there is no suspicious activity and no trace of this other email at all. 

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you click on the From button it will show you who it's really from. I highly doubt that is from PayPal.
  • Gemm83
    Gemm83 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    waamo said:
    If you click on the From button it will show you who it's really from. I highly doubt that is from PayPal.
    Ahh. I didn't show me earlier on! Normally would show some random email. This says support@workingsol.com, not PayPal. 

Thanks! 
  • coachman12
    coachman12 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I get this sort of thing a few times a year and forward it immediately to spoof@paypal.com and then delete the original email. 

• letsbehonest
    letsbehonest Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It is probably wise to ignore any random email appertaining to any subject you have not instigated personally regardless of the sender. 
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
  • coachman12
    coachman12 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    How did this dead parrot come to be resuscitated ??   :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business