Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Do you have repeat Prescriptions delivered to you?

New Post Advanced Search

Do you have repeat Prescriptions delivered to you?

8 replies 145 views
During Lockdown we've queued in the open at the GP pharmacy for our repeat prescriptions and now Winter is in sight we're looking at options to have them delivered. Do you use any of the many services on offer, and what do you think of it?

Replies

• luvchocolateluvchocolate Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I order repeat prescription from doctors online and my nominated pharmacy delivers to my home same day...Brilliant service 
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get mine delivered to my local pharmacy I have done this for years.
  • Mickey666Mickey666 Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I use pharmacy2u online.  Takes me a minute or so to log-in and re-order each month and that’s it.   P2U contacts the doctor for approval and then ships the prescription.  Delivery time from order to arrival is 2-3 days and most of that seems to be the time required to get the doctor approval.  Just order a week before anything is needed.  Works perfectly well for me costs nothing.
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    23.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parent has started using Echo after her local pharmacy consistently cocked up her orders. Only had one order but smooth so far. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been with Echo since lockdown and delighted with them. Definitely permanent now which I didn't intend. 

After a few orders I've noticed one item is often delayed due to stock issues so now I order that 7-10 days ahead.

They tend to despatch within hours of getting the prescription (when in stock) or getting the stock in.

If you need something urgently it can be released back so you take the barcode to a local pharmacy. 
  • MrsStepfordMrsStepford Forumite
    391 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I order mine by email and DH picks up from ASDA. Don't think ASDA delivers ?
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<Do you have repeat Prescriptions delivered to you?>

No   though at the height of the pandemic  pharmacy delivered without asking .

• wazza99wazza99 Forumite
    297 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Just moved to Echo.......cancelling this week, not a good service, reminders come at wrong times, lots of out of stock items, currently waiting over 7 days for a repeat prescription to be shipped and they do not respond to any messages. Back to my local chemist for me.