IVA Transferred to Jarvis 2 years in

Options
So, here's my story so far (long winded, beware).
I was approved for an IVA back in October 2018 with Swift Insolvency Solutions. They manipulated my I&E to make the proposition to the creditors more attractive. I did question this and they said not to worry about it. A short while later my IVA was transferred to Aperture Debt Solutions, which I had no issues with at all. When my annual review came up, I kept the I&E pretty  much the same and they asked for 1 bank statement and 3 months pay slips and my p60. Review went fine, despite there being no transactions for travel, pet insurance, dentist etc etc as was on my I&E form I filled out. 

Just had another Annual review and I put that I had a slight pay increase per month and kept the I&E pretty much the same again. Had an email today saying that JARVIS INSOLVENCY have taken over my IVA and I will be given details to log into the website (just like Apertures online portal) to make payments and all the bits and bobs. I'm worried now that they will see that I don't pay any pet insurance, travel expenses, etc as is on my I&E, so worried I've committed some type of fraud!??

I told them that I only pay £250 rent, buy my own food, have netflix etc  so I do have a lot of extra income, they said that's fine. So they said £160 per month would be what you pay for your IVA!

I've effectively got lots of spare income as I only pay £250 rent to parents, phone bill, and some entertainment like Netflix. I read on debt camel that it is common for IP's to manipulate a customer's I&E to get the IVA approved by the creditors, and in my case it was. 

I have/had 19 creditors, a mix of credit cards and bank loans totalling only about £13k. But the reason I thought an IVA would be suitable was because I didn't want to try and arrange payment plans with 19 creditors, as a few didn't want to know when I asked for help. That's why I chose an IVA and SWIFT agreed with me that this would be the best option. I work full time and take home about £1,200 after tax.

So, what I'm basically asking is - 
Was I miss-sold an IVA?
Have I commited some type of fraud?
Will jarvis increase my payments?

In the 24 months I had my IVA for, I was late paying twice by only a few days. So my payment history for my IVA is pretty good(in my opinion) I'm freaking out here. Anyone had any experience with JArvis Insolvency? Any advice to give me? Thanks everyone.

Comments

• CocoM2020
    Options
    You need more expert advice (and in here you will get it) but why an IVA? You aren’t a homeowner so that’s a bit strange. Did you not contact Stepchange or a similar organisation for advice? I mean a DMP would be more recommended for you I think but like I said you need more expert advice than I can provide.
  • mrcactus
    mrcactus Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CocoM2020 said:
    You need more expert advice (and in here you will get it) but why an IVA? You aren’t a homeowner so that’s a bit strange. Did you not contact Stepchange or a similar organisation for advice? I mean a DMP would be more recommended for you I think but like I said you need more expert advice than I can provide.
    I filled out one of those questionnaire things on stepchange I think and they did recommend a DMP but when Swift asked why I didn't choose one, I said because I had 19 different creditors I assumed it would be a lot of hassle trying to arrange one for all of them and there was no guarantee that all of them would accept it. I thought an IVA would be suitable, one monthly payment for 60 months - no problem (as long as I didn't lose my job). 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback