IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP Plus NTK amount charged more than signage

Options

Comments

• InBodWeTrust
    Options
    Thanks - so a generic term rather than a brand that the IPC use. :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 October 2020 at 10:50PM
    Options
    yaks20 said:
    Hi all, and thanks for the responses. I submitted my appeal on the 18th September to POPLA, and the status is showing that they are waiting for the operator evidence.
    Today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus, now asking for £170 (they have added £30 to the charge in the ntk which was for £140).
    I thought that they shouldn't be issuing these debt recovery letters given I had submitted an appeal within the time frame to POPLA.
    Do I ignore or call to inform them that an appeal has been lodged? I'm annoyed that they are chasing this despite an open appeal process.

Make a complaint to the BPA.

And do this please, please, please:

CHANNEL YOUR ANGER ABOUT THIS PATHETIC CHARGE TO CHANGE THE WAY THE PARKING INDUSTRY WORK:

CALLING ALL NEWBIES! 

An urgent task – deadline approaching in a week or so:

Please now make a real difference because not enough people have yet, and time is running out. 

The Government is consulting for just a few more days, about a new statutory code of practice (CoP) and framework intended to rein in the rogue parking firms. 

Does it go far enough?  Read and comment on the draft CoP proposal and the enforcement framework consultation (two separate consultation documents).

HOW TO DO THE SUBMISSIONS:

BSI PAS 232 – COMMENTING ON THE CODE OF PRACTICE AS DRAFTED:

1.    You will need to register then log in, to comment on the CoP and enter an occupation even if you are retired or a homemaker.  

2.    Register, log into the BSI page, and download & read the cover letter here:

https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2020-00193#/section

3.    Read the cover letter again and note the suggested extra questions... if you agree that, say, the 'loading/unloading and dropping off, asking for directions, and disabled people parking on double yellows as they can on street' activities listed should be exempt (not parking events, what do you think?) then please go to the Annexes at the end of the PAS Code and find the one about Exempt Vehicles and state what other activity you think should be added to the exempt list. 

4.    Download the PAS itself and start commenting on what you wish to say something about.  Quick links to each section appear on the left of your page. 

You don’t have to comment on everything, e.g. you might want to skip the definitions and focus on later sections, and certainly look at the Annex tables at the end that show things like consideration & grace periods and exemptions.

5.    Submit comments when you are happy with them. Don’t just ‘SAVE’ and forget!

THAT IS HALF THE JOB DONE!

THE MHCLG CONSULTATION IS EASIER AS IT IS JUST A LIST OF QUESTIONS. 

6.    You can do it first if preferred or pushed for time:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=EGg0v32c3kOociSi7zmVqAVPfAOtwRxLhHRwQ610oElUMzhQSVo0WUQ4SERVSEZaUU9DTUhFQ1VMUy4u

If your answers exceed 4000 characters (approx. 500 words to a single question or 16000 words (approx. 2500 words) for all the questions below, you can email your answers to parking@communities.gov.uk as long as you state who you are.

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS YOU WILL SEE, FOR RESPONSES TO THE FRAMEWORK:

Q1 Do you agree or disagree that members of APAs should be required to use a single appeals service appointed by the Secretary of State?

Strongly agree/Somewhat agree/Neither agree nor disagree/Somewhat disagree/Strongly disagree

Q1.1 Please explain your answer

(free text)

Q2 Please provide any other feedback on the determination of appeals, including the funding model and features that an appeal service should offer e.g. telephone or in-person hearings, the ability to submit evidence online

(free text)

Q3 Please provide any comments you have on the proposal to enforce the Code by combining the ATA’s existing audit procedures with additional safeguards.

(free text)

Q4 Please outline any alternative means by which the Code could be monitored and enforced. You may wish to cite evidence from other regulatory frameworks which are relevant.

(free text)

Q5 Please provide any feedback you have on the proposed governance arrangements for monitoring the new Code of Practice

(free text)

Q6 Which parking charge system is most appropriate for private parking?

a) the Three-tiered system

b) Mirroring the Local Authority system

(free text)

Q6.1 Please explain your answer. You may, for example, wish to make reference to other deterrent frameworks (for example, for railway tickets or traffic violations)

(free text)

Q7 What level of discount is appropriate:

40% as is currently offered in private parking and suggested in the three-tiered system, or

50% as is offered in Local Authority parking?

a) 40%

b) 50%

Q7.1 Please explain your answer, including whether the discount should be set at a different level

(free text)

Q8 How should the level of parking charges be set and how should the levels be revised in future?

(free text)

Q9 Do you agree or disagree in principle with the idea of the Appeals Charter?

Agree/Disagree

Q9.1 Please explain your answer

(free text)

Q10 Do you agree or not that the examples given in the Appeals Charter are fair and appropriate? Agree/Disagree

Q10.1 Please explain your answer.

You may wish, for example, to suggest additional cases to be covered in an Appeals Charter or query existing examples.

(free text)

Q11 Do you agree or disagree that the parking industry should contribute towards the cost of the regulation?

Agree/Disagree

Q11.1 Please explain your answer.

(free text)

YOU CAN INSTEAD GIVE MORE CONCISE ANSWERS ONLINE, USING THE MHCLG PAGE LINK.

Don’t forget that answering these questions is the easier bit…

Looking at the BSI PAS (the draft code of practice itself) involves logging in and submitting comments again, and again and again and takes more time!  There is a discussion about PAS submissions and what the pages look like, here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6195417/am-i-doing-something-wrong/p1

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • yaks20
    yaks20 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ok thanks for the advice, I've held off the complaint to BPA not to remind CP Plus to file their evidence with POPLA.
    The time limit that CP Plus had to respond to the POPLA appeal was Friday. Checking on Friday morning there was still no submission, on Friday evening it says Operator information and evidence received but the submission date is 01/01/0001 and there is no operator case summary. I'm not sure if that's just the standard processing messages or if it means the operator hadn't submitted anything.
    Anyway, I started the complaint to BPA and selected CP Plus from the list of operators, only to find I can't select the actual car park that the PCN was issued for - they have a lot of other hospital car parks listed, in fact it appears that they almost exclusively operate hospital car parks, but i couldn't find the particular hospital car park. Wondering if they even have authority to issue PCNs there...
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    yaks20 said:
    Ok thanks for the advice, I've held off the complaint to BPA not to remind CP Plus to file their evidence with POPLA.
    The time limit that CP Plus had to respond to the POPLA appeal was Friday. Checking on Friday morning there was still no submission, on Friday evening it says Operator information and evidence received but the submission date is 01/01/0001 and there is no operator case summary. I'm not sure if that's just the standard processing messages or if it means the operator hadn't submitted anything.
    Anyway, I started the complaint to BPA and selected CP Plus from the list of operators, only to find I can't select the actual car park that the PCN was issued for - they have a lot of other hospital car parks listed, in fact it appears that they almost exclusively operate hospital car parks, but i couldn't find the particular hospital car park. Wondering if they even have authority to issue PCNs there...
    just select any car park, it doesnt matter which
  • yaks20
    Options
    Just an update:
    Appeal successful!  B)  Thanks everyone for your help!
    CP Plus never submitted any information or evidence so the appeal was successful by default.
    I'm still going to complain to BPA about the practice of CP Plus re: debt collectors during the appeal stage.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    They have wasted your time, now waste some of theirs, read this

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    yaks20 said:
    Just an update:
    Appeal successful!  B)  Thanks everyone for your help!
    CP Plus never submitted any information or evidence so the appeal was successful by default.
    I'm still going to complain to BPA about the practice of CP Plus re: debt collectors during the appeal stage.
    Very good! And yes, do complain about the Debt Letters during POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • yaks20
    Options
    Received another letter today from Debt Recovery Plus. Issued on 14 October, 2 days after POPLA ruled in my favour.
    Do I put in another complaint to BPA or just ignore now?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I would along the lines of @Coupon-mad's advice above. 

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ignore the letter, but fire off another complaint to the BPA, stressing that your previous complaint was about them taking recovery action while a POPLA appeal was in progress, now despite POPLA finding in your favour CP Plus are still pursuing you. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure