Is there anything I can do to challenge Trustpilot reviews?

Options
Hi, I have an ongoing issue with a company regarding a sofa which arrived damaged and which they are admitting no responsibility for. I have spoken with my credit card provider and have also contacted Trading Standards via the CAB about some very questionable terms and conditions.
Their TrustPilot page has been active since May 2019 and has around 110 reviews. There are plenty of 1 star, nothing inbetween and then loads of 5 star reviews which are like a sales pitch from the company. All reviewers have exactly 2 reviews, all a mixture of the same 3 other companies. Each reviewer has a full name and stock photo (including one with the name of an ex footballer who died this year and his photo - very basic stuff!). Since I made a complaint a month ago and experienced appalling customer service over the phone, there has been a new review almost daily and they all mention the ‘excellent’ customer service. In short it’s blatantly fake.
i’ve read lots about how TrustPilot is a waste of time and companies are paying for fake reviews. I have contacted the Content Integrity team who have responded saying they’ll investigate but it all sounds like nonsense and 2 weeks later these blatant fake reviews are still there. Thinking out loud is there anything I can do to find out what TrustPilot are doing to investigate? Some sort of FOI request? Or have I hit the end of the road already?
thanks

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have no real evidence that the reviews are fake .
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    They're a private company and can publish any data they wish (within reason) that's given to them - it's in their hands now. 
    I could start a website saying XYZ company are AMAZING and nothing else; even if they weren't there's not really anything anyone can do about it. 

Just leave reviews as you feel appropriate in as many places as possible - the truth has a way of coming out :) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback