edited 31 August 2020 at 3:43PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
9 replies 507 views
DoaMDoaM Forumite
11.9K Posts
10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 31 August 2020 at 3:43PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
UPDATE:
This thread is to discuss the  government consultation regarding enforcing the CoP:
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/parking-code-enforcement-framework

The thread started by Umkomaas should be used to discuss the CoP itself.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6185781/the-draft-private-parking-code-of-practice-now-out-for-consultation

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be the same as Umkomaas' earlier thread;)
  • edited 31 August 2020 at 2:55PM
    BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 August 2020 at 2:55PM
    Document here no login needed 
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only need the log in if you want to comment I think.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KeithP said:
    Looks to be the same as Umkomaas' earlier thread;)
    That must have slipped off the 1st page as I didn't see a thread. ;)
  • edited 31 August 2020 at 3:28PM
    DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 August 2020 at 3:28PM
    Le_Kirk said:
    You only need the log in if you want to comment I think.
    Click on either Download button (for the letter or the CoP) and I get the following:

You are trying to access a protected resource and it seems your login session has expired.

Please Login here and try to access this page again.

I get exactly the same for the Read draft and comment button too.
  • edited 31 August 2020 at 3:29PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 August 2020 at 3:29PM
    We need to use a thread to discuss the specification and the 'wider framework' and avoid putting in knee-jerk comments.

Needs careful reading and these are two separate consultations. 

Both need careful study and separate, considered comment...but we have over a month.

The 'wider framework' is equally important if we want to remove ''Dracula from being in charge at the bloodbank'', or at least clip his batwings.  Need to get the level of parking charge right and because the MHCLG are proposing a tiered system, that needs consideration:

- what would be a fair tier for a higher breach, like parking in an accessible bay 'without reasonable excuse' (i.e. being disabled)? 
    - what about a lower tier for a lesser breach such as an overstay?
    - how long should the discount be offered for on the parking charge, IMHO and I've said before, this should be 21 days because the direction of travel is towards postal NTKs (over 80% of private ones are already issued that way, as 'remote' charges) and 21 days discount period matches a LA Reg 10 postal PCN.  Seems fairer to give lease firms longer and registered keepers longer to make decisions - especially if it arrives when they are on holiday and they weren't driving so it;s not something they know about.

Which thread shall we use to share ideas?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 31 August 2020 at 3:44PM
    DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 August 2020 at 3:44PM
    Shall we use this for the Enforcement Framework and Umkomaas' earlier thread for the CoP? I've updated my OP and thread title accordingly.
  • edited 4 September 2020 at 12:41PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 September 2020 at 12:41PM
    HAVE YOUR SAY .... PLEASE READ THIS!

September 2020 brings your chance to comment on the new (Government Draft) 'proper' Code of Practice to rein in the worst PPC conduct and that of their scam debt collectors - please please can NEWBIES do this and in particular, comment on

(a) the AMOUNT OF THE PARKING CHARGE, WHICH WE ALL AGREE MUST BE LOWER THAN £100, and also

(b) the use of unregulated debt collector firms and the fact that they add a false layer of an extra £60 or £70 to a £100 PCN.  This must stop but you can bet your bottom dollar that the ATAs will have misled the Government if they got a chance and most likely will have spun the same misinformation the BPA did, in 2012, when they gave false figures to Government about the number of court claims and promised that keeper liability would reduce the burden on the courts.   

The BPA said there were up to 90.000 court claims per annum on 2011.  There were 845.  They said that keeper liability would reduce the '90.000 court claims'.

In fact, the 845 (in fact just 600 in 2012!) increased to 37000 within two years and is now around 110,000 per year.

This time, I suspect PPCs will prey on the concerns of Government and predict dire consequences again, if the charges are too low and if debt collector scams are brought to an end.

THAT IS WHAT WE MUST CLEARLY ADDRESS AND TELL THE GOVT THERE ARE NO SUCH CONCERNS AND THAT COURT CLAIMS WILL NOT INCREASE.

ONE OF THE TASKS OF A CONSUMER RESPONSE WILL BE TO POINT OUT THESE LIES AND WARN THE GOVERNMENT THAT IN FACT, REMOVING THE DEBT COLLECTORS ALTOGETHER AND BRINGING IN A ROBUST APPEALS SERVICE WILL REDUCE COURT CLAIMS!

Code of Practice consultation thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6185781/the-draft-private-parking-code-of-practice-pas-232-now-out-for-consultation/p1
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD