We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Historic NCB evidence

Options
Hi everyone.
First time poster but regular reader.
I have 11 years NCB built up however when looking for new car insurance the ones I have spoken to so far wont accept it. Heres why:
I have 8 years No Claims certificate when I was with Admiral when I was using my private car which I sold in 2016. At this point I then have had use of a company car which also has been used for personal use with again evidence of 4 years no claims against the policy.

So, evidence of almost 12 years on no claims but they will only take the evidence of my company car policy. Is this right? Doesn't seem fair if so.

Any help or support greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, that's correct. You generally have two years to restart your insurance with your existing NCB.
  • chrissando15
    Options
    Yes, that's correct. You generally have two years to restart your insurance with your existing NCB.
    Thanks for your reply. What if I was also a additional driver on my wife's car (again with no claims) etc
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    She would have built up her no claims bonus over that period and can use with her next insurer.

It doesn't transfer to your policy as it's in her name.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback