Second redundancy ?

Good Afternoon,
Firstly, just a little historical background to my current situation.
During the latter part of 2006 I had discussions with my employer as I was unhappy for various reasons in my position in middle management. During these discussions I was offered alternative employment at a much lower pay rate (I was happy to take the pay cut as it suited my position at the time) as part of this employment change I was offered an ex gratia payment which was to cover various end of year bonuses that I had accrued a large part of up to this point. It was an arrangement which suited both my employer and myself. As part of the deal I kept my employment service history, my Bupa healthcare, and my final salery pension was to continue at my old managerial rate. 
Fast forward to July this year, and a new round of redundancies. 
This time around I am quite happy, and applied for voluntary redundancy,  which has been accepted, and I am now waiting for my redundancy package.
My question is, will my employer calculate my redundancy using my employment from 2006, or from my initial start date in the early eighties?
As I understand it, as i accepted alternative employment in 2006 and the payment was ex gratia, they should use my initial 1980's start date to calculate my package. Am I correct in thinking this.?
Sorry for the rambling post, all thoughts and comments appreciated. 

Comments

• Just to add, the letter I received in 2006 was worded " An ex gratia payment of £******, calculated in accordance with the relevant redundancy legislation will be paid"
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 August 2020 at 4:57PM
    Your employment commenced in the 1980's. 
    A change in role doesn't indicate redundancy. 
  • The header of this thread seems to suggest that you think there might have been a first redundancy.   You’re right that a payment to reflect bonus entitlement has no bearing on length of service or redundancy payment.   If a statutory redundancy payment was made and then employment continued in a different role I would expect payment to be calculated from 2006 because recompense has already been paid for service prior to this.  
    I’m not suggesting that the latter scenario is what happened. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback