how to get ebay to pay

Options
harrys_nan
harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
Hi, 
My partner has just sold a couple of bits on Ebay but is unsure how to get paid, The first item was paid via Paypal  and the item  has been collected but the money is still being held by Ebay/paypal as pending. and it is saying scan to confirm collection but how do we do this as its already been collected ?  What was he supposed to scan?
(newbie to Ebay selling)

Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, 
    My partner has just sold a couple of bits on Ebay but is unsure how to get paid, The first item was paid via Paypal  and the item  has been collected but the money is still being held by Ebay/paypal as pending. and it is saying scan to confirm collection but how do we do this as its already been collected ?  What was he supposed to scan?
    (newbie to Ebay selling)

Unless you are on managed payments then the q scan doesn’t seem to be applicable. Unfortunately PayPal require you to post to the address given by them to get seller protection And not to allow collection, so as you have given up seller protection you basically now just need to wait 21 days and then see if PayPal will release the hold.

Here’s the sticky thread about the problems of collection only items 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4949988/collection-only-items#post65282064

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • harrys_nan
    Options
    Thank you for that info.
    He is new to Ebay and didn't know about any of that, he has another collection happening tomorrow as well and again the  buyer has paid by Paypal.
     Dont think he will be seling on there again, will use shpock hopefully 

Harry born 23/09/2008
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • soolin
    Options
    Thank you for that info.
    He is new to Ebay and didn't know about any of that, he has another collection happening tomorrow as well and again the  buyer has paid by Paypal.
     Dont think he will be seling on there again, will use shpock hopefully 
    Although there are warnings everywhere about th epaypal on collection scam - not all buyers are scammers and in many cases it goes well and without a hitch. However, I personally will not sell collection only items on ebay whilst I cannot be 100% sure of covering myself.

Just be aware of the commonly scams categories, electrical and phones obviously, but also baby items and collectable items. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • messia07
    messia07 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    has he received positive feedback for the transaction yet?
    with new sellers, i was under the impression that once feedback has been received (confirming the transaction went well) the funds get released (?)
  • harrys_nan
    Options
    positive feedback was left

Harry born 23/09/2008

UPDATE,
  • soolin
    Options
    messia07 said:
    has he received positive feedback for the transaction yet?
    with new sellers, i was under the impression that once feedback has been received (confirming the transaction went well) the funds get released (?)
    positive feedback was left
    Funds used to be released on positive feedback but in the past year or two this seems less common and the 21 day hold goes on until day 21. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback