IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Debt collector letter

edited 26 August 2020 at 11:06PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
8 replies 181 views
Rachael26Rachael26 Forumite
5 Posts
Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
edited 26 August 2020 at 11:06PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
I have recieved a letter fromZzps today saying that there client civil enforcement Ltd have obtained a county court judgement against me due to a parking ticket I have tried to dispute is the ligit?I will include a pic .if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Replies

• Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Might be worth editing out your vehicle registration.
  • missilemissile Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    You must know if you had a summons and CCJ awarded against you?
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    36.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Urgently check with the Northampton CCBC today by what date the judgment requires you to pay this. Find this out, then come back for immediate advice on what you should do. 

Do not go slow on this. It requires your urgent action to avoid a trashing of your credit rating, making your financial life full of pain for the next 6 years. 

As above, did you receive court paperwork to defend the claim against you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    To late to avoid credit file damage. It is way past that point now the OP has this letter...
  • Rachael26Rachael26 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have not recieved court letter etc or any talk of it up to now.Do I not have 30 days to clear before it goes on my credit rating?
  • edited 27 August 2020 at 9:17AM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 August 2020 at 9:17AM
    As mentioned above , check the details with the CCBC , we cannot say until you check the dates etc  especially the date of the actual judgment , not the date on that letter

Check if your V5C is up to date with your current address , do not assume , get it out and check it
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    DO what youve been told to do - find out dates. 
    Until you do so, youre wasting time you dont have. 
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    54.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Are you sure it says you have a CCJ, or you might get a CCJ?

Debt collectors such as ZZPS have no powers (see the fourth post of the NEWBIES) to collect monies, but court appointed bailiffs do.

Ignore advice from anyone claiming they can help without them first giving provenance. Do not contact anyone by private message who is not a regular on this forum or has a post count less than at least a thousand. You can do yourself a lot of harm by giving personal data to an unknown individual.

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks