a device on your wifi is casting youtube

Options
Hi people,
I got this notification on my phone. We share the same wifi at home. I'm just wondering why I've got this notification. We brought a smart tv recently and I believe a family member might be casting YouTube.
What does this mean for me and my privacy using my phone and going on the internet?
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. 
Thanks

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do you have a Chromecast device?
    This behaviour usually occurs because you have a Chromecast device.  Every Android device that is on the same network as a Chromecast that is casting gets playback controls as a notification.  The Chromecast owner can turn this off in the settings for that device in the Google Home app.

• MenInBlack
    Options
    Do you have a Chromecast device?
    This behaviour usually occurs because you have a Chromecast device.  Every Android device that is on the same network as a Chromecast that is casting gets playback controls as a notification.  The Chromecast owner can turn this off in the settings for that device in the Google Home app.

We have a smart tv and I have an android device. I'm not sure of chromecast. So does my phone act as a controller only. So no one can access my phone or see what I'm doing on my phone?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is your TV an Android one?  What's your TV make and model?  Some TVs have it built in which will generate this sort of message.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback